GLUTARALDEHYDE -50% Solution
LARGER SIZES AVAILABLE ON REQUEST - PLEASE CONTACT FOR PRICING
Glutaraldehyde is a powerful antimicrobial agent. On account of its excellent sporicidal properties, it is the only liquid sterilant recommended for decontamination of highly critical surgical instruments, and other uses.
Glutaraldehyde is a colorless, oily, liquid-chemical with a pungent odor. It is used for a number of applications such as the following:
▪ A cold sterilant in the health care industry
▪ A cross-linking and tanning agent
▪ A biocide in metalworking fluids and in oil and gas pipelines
▪ An antimicrobial in water-treatment systems
▪ A slimicide in paper manufacturing
▪ A preservative in cosmetics
▪ A disinfectant in animal housing
In the health care industry, glutaraldehyde is most often used to disinfect equipment that cannot be heat sterilized such as dialysis instruments, surgical instruments, suction bottles, bronchoscopes, endoscopes, and ear, nose, and throat instruments.
It is also used for the following purposes:
• As a tissue fixative in histology and pathology labs
• As a hardening agent in the development of X-rays
• In embalming solutions
• In the preparation of grafts and bioprostheses
In various clinical applications
Glutaraldehyde is a powerful antimicrobial agent. On account of its excellent sporicidal properties, it is the only liquid sterilant recommended for decontamination of highly critical surgical instruments.
Clear, yellowish liquid
50 - 52
Specific Gravity @ 25°C
Boiling Point (°C)
Freezing Point (°C)