LARGER SIZES AVAILABLE ON REQUEST - PLEASE CONTACT FOR PRICING
Dipentene- UNITENE D is a terpene liquid, a class of hyrdocarbons produced by plants, that is colorless with a lemon-like odor. It is most commonly used as a solvent in a variety of products.
A colorless liquid with an odor of lemon. Flash point 113°F. Density about 7.2 lb /gal and insoluble in water. Hence floats on water. Vapors heavier than air. Used as a solvent for rosin, waxes, rubber; as a dispersing agent for oils, resins, paints, lacquers, varnishes, and in floor waxes and furniture polishes.
Dipentene is found in the following products:
- Home cleaning products
- Hair color
- Air Freshener
- Food flavoring
Human Health Effects
- Dipentene is not a carcinogen, nor does it have negative effects on reporduction.
- Dipentene is a known skin and eye irritant.
- Dipentene can cause a sensitization leading to an allergy to it. Low level exposures can cause rash in people allergic to it.
- People allergic to turpentine have been found to also have a contact allergy to dipentene.
- Ingestion of dipentene can irritate the gastro-intestinal tract.
- Rashes have been seen in people who have come in direct contact with products containing dipentene such as wax polish.
- Dipentene is a naturally occurring chemical found in a variety of softwood trees, plants, and fruits.
- Half lives are: 1 hour in a river; 5 days in a lake.
- High potential for bioconcentration in aquatic organisms.